The Chinese Cultural Centre organized a singing competition in Mandarin. They are hosting the final at Caudan Arts Centre.
The final will be held on 20 th July at the Caudan Arts Centre. The contest shall be based on the combination of singing skills and testing of general knowledge about Chinese culture. Each person shall sing a Chinese song (4-5 minutes) and shall reply to 2 questions on Chinese culture (which shall be selected from a prepared question bank of 50-60 questions).
Jury and rules
(i) Judging panel: 5-6 Mauritians professionals and 1 Chinese tenor
(ii) Scoring Rules: the contestants should sing in Mandarin. In total 100 points (90 points for the singing skill and 10 points for the language pronunciation, the language pronunciation points will be graded by the Chinese tenor)
(iii) Each question on Chinese culture will be worth 2 points, in total 4 points for 2 questions.
(1) Adult Category:
- 1 st Prize (1 winner): 1 round trip air ticket Mauritius-China + training courses at the Tianjin Conservatory of Music
- 2 nd Prize (2 winners) : Huawei Matebook 13 (or equivalent)
- 3 rd Prize (3 winners) : Huawei P30 (or equivalent)
- Outstanding Awards (4 winners) : Huawei Watch 2 Pro (or equivalent)
(2) Junior Category:
- 1 st Prize (1 winner) : 1 round trip air ticket Mauritius-China + 2 entrance tickets to Disneyland Shanghai
- 2 nd Prize(2 winners) : Huawei Magicbook (or equivalent)
- 3 rd Prize (3 winners) : Huawei P20 (or equivalent)
- Outstanding Awards (4 winners) : Huawei Watch GT (or equivalent)